Thursday, June 21, 2012

Roxy's Rosettes!

I had intentions of spending some serious time crafting this week, especially because it's beyond time to add some new items to the shop. Instead, I spent a lot of time doing everything but.

This week wasn't completely devoid of craftiness, however, because I did take a little trip to the craft store with a friend to buy materials for some handmade headbands she's making for her baby girl that will be here in August. (SO exciting!)

This friend of mine, who claims she isn't very crafty at all, used some online tutorials to make this:

Roxy, modeling this season's latest.
Adorable, right?! (The headband, not the dog. We already know she's adorable.)

Anyway, the whole fabric rosette making thing got me to thinking about some other things you can use them for since I'm not planning on making baby headbands for personal use anytime soon. ;)

You'll have to stay tuned and see what I came up with!

Speaking of the soon-to-be addition to our group, here's a picture of the baby shower gift I painted for Baby Girl K.


Isn't it sweet? As much as I had an urge to sneak some pink in there, I resisted and used colors that match her crib bedding instead. (It's kind of refreshing to see aquas & blues for a little girl's room, isn't it?) And, of course, I had to add a little Gator to the frame since she's being born into a University of Florida Alumni family. Go Gators!

(As always, if you want to purchase a custom frame, contact me through my Facebook page or Etsy page which are easily accessed through the tabs at the top of this blog!)

Since it might be a while until I share my crafty rosette idea, I'll leave you with a link to a fabulous site I stumbled upon that gives 19 different ways of making fabric & ribbon rosettes.

What would you make with these?

No comments:

Post a Comment