Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Graphically Smitten

Well... so much for at least one post a week. ;)

Things have been seriously busy lately, especially with the overhaul at The Kitchen Prep (a makeover was necessary!), lots of baking projects, and getting things together for a fun blog feature I have coming up in the Fall.

But the lack of posts over here doesn't mean I haven't been inspired!

Yesterday I posted a link to some cool subway art by Roni Lagin over on TKP's Facebook page. He designed these "Delicious City Prints" as way to highlight the culinary trademarks of a some of the world's best foodie cities... and I, being a huge fan of both food and travel (not to mention typography!), absolutely loved them.

Source

Subway art has been popping up just about everywhere, and I've seen some really creative uses for it. The best part is, it's super easy to design some of your own... so I did!

As I mentioned earlier, my mind has already taken the leap over to the Fall season as I've been preparing for some upcoming projects. And for me, Fall is synonymous with college football!

So... I started playing with some ideas and came up with this Florida Gators inspired design... what do you think?


How fun would this be framed and prominently displayed at your tailgate party, in your game room, dorm, or even on your mantle as part of your Fall decor?

I'm pinning this over on my "Football Season!" Pinterest board to share with my other Gator friends out there (feel free to do the same!)... and who knows, I might be inspired to design a few more! ;)

What other creative uses do you have for subway art? I'd love to hear your ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Is there anyway I can download the Gator file to print and display in my home? Thanks, Stacy

    ReplyDelete